About Lion DenAnatomy & Physiology
Explore this menagerie of resources for learning and teaching human anatomy and physiology (A&P). From content notes and slides to tips and tools for making learning A&P more effective, you’ll find the help you need here. Created by veteran A&P professor and textbook author Kevin Patton for his own students, anyone learning or reviewing A&P will enjoy the many features of this website.
Key FeaturesWhy choose Lion Den?
How the Lion Den helps you learn anatomy and physiology (A&P)
- Smart Review Outlines (before you take A&P)
- Smart Learning Outlines help you during your A&P course
- Study Tips give you proven strategies for learning A&P
- Study Tools provide videos, charts, and other aids for learning A&P
- Student success strategies that will help you in A&P and later courses
- Links to additional resources to help you with A&P
Nothing, really. It’s just that Kevin, the creator of Lion Den, is a former lion tamer and wildlife safari leader—and has always loved lions. Back in the olden days of the internet, he chose “lionden.com” as the domain name for his mixed-use site of student resources, circus animal facts, and safari stories—and the name stuck!
It’s what you do to get ready for what will probably be the most rigorous course of your life—A&P. The Pre-A&P resources in the Lion Den specifically serve Kevin’s online Pre-A&P course, but any student can use them to review before taking A&P—or to catch up with basic science while taking A&P.
- Try using the drop down menu at the top of each page.
- Try using the Lion Tracks navigation links just below the menu on most pages.
- Search for specific terms using the search button at the bottom of each page.
- Use the hyperlinks embedded within the content of each page.
The Lion Den contains a lot of helpful resources available at no cost to users. The considerable time, effort, and expense of building and maintaining it comes from Kevin’s teaching and writing income. Any additional help in the form of donations from users who have found help in the Lion Den is greatly appreciated!
About Kevin PattonCreator of Lion Den
I’ve worked as an anatomy & physiology professor for several decades, having taught at high school, community college, and university levels. I write A&P textbooks and manuals. I am a President Emeritus of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) and a founder of HAPS Institute, a continuing education program for A&P professors. I have several blogs and websites related to teaching and learning. And in my youth I was a wild animal trainer. (Preferred pronouns: he, him, his)